Learn to Ride a Motorcycle
Due to COVID19 Governor’s Orders, and to increase safety and social distancing we are currently conducting Riding Academy courses as webinar based class for the classroom portion. Available class dates subject to change. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time. For questions, please email: LuisR@highoctaneharley.com.
Stop Dreaming, Start Riding
Now has never been a better time to learn how to ride a motorcycle. The Harley-Davidson Riding Academy New Rider Course gives you all you need to get your license on the road in no time. The Riding Academy at High Octane Harley-Davidson is open to everyone, whether you currently ride a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle or not.
Payments for Riding Academy Courses will show on your credit card statement as “massMotorcycleSchool.com“
Riding Academy New Rider Course
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Expert guidance from H-D certified coaches.
- In the classroom, you’ll get to know the motorcycle you’ll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills.
- On the practice range, you’ll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- When you’re finished you’ll get a completion card.
Riding Academy Skilled Rider Course
Designed solely for experienced riders, this course is taught by dedicated, Certified Coaches.
You’ll learn advanced tips and techniques to help you own the road. Control at low speeds, Risk management, Limited-space maneuvers, Cornering judgment, Swerving and stopping quickly on straights and in curves, Multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects. When you’re done, you’ll ride with more confidence than ever!
SEARCH COURSE SCHEDULE
Start with Jumpstart, a motorcycle mounted to a stable platform; it cannot move. You will be given helpful pointers and then you will be guided through safely mounting the motorcycle and operation of the primary controls.
You will be guided through starting the engine, operating the controls (including the throttle!), and then you will have a chance to run through the gears. Shifting will be explained and you will have the opportunity to learn in a low risk, low pressure, environment. Jumpstart is free to use and you can give it a try just about any time.
BOOK A FREE JUMPSTART SESSION
WHAT WILL I NEED TO REGISTER?
You’ll need a valid automobile driver’s license or learner’s permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL GEAR?
You’ll need to bring the following:
- Full-fingered gloves
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants with no holes
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- D.O.T. approved motorcycle helmet
At the moment we are not able to provide loaner helmets, students are required to bring their own helmets and eye protection.
WHAT BIKE WILL I RIDE?
For the riding portion you will ride a Harley-Davidson Street 500 Motorcycle.
Riding Academy® New Rider Course Cancellation Policy and Program Requirements
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If for any reason a customer cancels their reservation ten days or more prior to their scheduled course, an full refund of the appropriate amount will be issued. However, if you cancel after the ten days deadline for any reason, a refund is not offered. Any refund will be credited to the credit card on file.
Program Requirements and Rules:
- After start of class, no student substitutions are allowed.
- Each class consists of 1 night/2 days of classroom and 2 days of range, (app. 21 hours total), to be completed consecutively.
- Riding Academy® Coaches reserve the right to counsel out unsafe students which they deem unsafe to themselves, or others. If counseled out, no refund will be granted.
- No refunds or make up dates are offered to those who leave the class of their own free will or fail to show for a scheduled class without consent from the Riding Academy Manager.
- Riding Academy Management reserves the right to assist students with any unforeseen circumstances which may occur with notice.
Payment is due at the time of registration either on-line or in store.